Sunday, July 8, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday: Her Mad Hatter

So in honor of my brand new release!!! Yay, that feels good to say... :D You can see the beautiful cover to the right of the screen. I'll be releasing a few excerpts from Hatter for the next few Sundays. But first my blurb:

Alice is all grown up. Running the Mad Hatter's Cupcakery and Tea Shoppe is a delicious job, until fate--and a fairy godmother with a weakness for bad boys--throws her a curveball. Now, Alice is the newest resident of Wonderland, where the Mad Hatter fuels her fantasies and thrills her body with his dark touch.

The Mad Hatter may have a voice and a body made for sex, but he takes no lovers. Ever. But a determined fairy godmother has forced Alice into Wonderland--and his arms. Now, as desire and madness converge, the Hatter must decide if he will fight the fairy godmother's mating--or fight for Alice.


The Hatter, as always, slouched in his seat at the head of the table with a fist tucked under his chin. His dark eyes stared blankly into the night, distant, thinking... who knew what thoughts.

Hair disheveled, clothes ripped, but all of it with that flair of style that made it seem possible he’d contrived his appearance to look just so.

Danika had known him several years now, and each year he seemed to sink deeper and deeper into the quagmire of his mind. He needed a mate, someone to help offset the residual madness that built up like toxins in the bones without an outlet. A mate would force him to get out of his head

Wonderland was wonderful, but without a counterbalance, it could turn its inhabitants completely insane.

And there you go... if you'd like to see more, follow the link below! :D
Happy reading...
~Marie!


http://www.amazon.com/Her-Hatter-Kingdom-Series-ebook/dp/B008IL48BK/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1341768341&sr=8-5&keywords=her+mad+hatter

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE HER MAD HATTER! I couldn't put the book down at all, and I love all the characters especially the 5 main guys! :D I really love Hatter!!!! I just didn't get why Alice suddenly got her tumour back when she wasn't really having black outs and was actually in Wonderland o.O I'm currently reading Gerard's Beauty, and I love love love Gerard too! I can't wait to read the rest! Haha! :D Love the take on these tales!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much, Eliza. :)And I gave Alice the tumor back because in real life cancer sometimes comes back. I actually wrote the book about a woman I knew who was dying of ovarian cancer back in 06. Every time I saw her all I kept thinking was, this isn't the end for her. So I wrote her story. Though my friend passed away, the memory of her lives on in Alice. :)

And I'm really glad you enjoyed it.

PS.. Alice isn't really dead, Wonderland preserves your body in its perfect form, which is why Danika took her back. :D

Unknown said...

You're welcome haha! Ahhh, I see. That's really sweet of you :) Read the 3rd and 4th book now, and they are really imaginative, especially how Jinni and Paz meet in limbo! :) I read in a comment that Hook's story will be out at the end of this month? I can't wait!!!! :D :D :D

Unknown said...

Well, unfortunately that doesn't seem likely anymore. Being Indie, I have to go with the flow on publishing and if all my ducks don't get lined up... I have to bump it back. :( But I am hopeful that I'll have it up there real soon. If you've signed up for my newsletter you'll be one of the first to know. :D

And I'm glad you enjoyed the rest of the books. :)

Ko Mo To said...

My absolute fav. This book inspired me to want to start my own cupcakery. With a Wonderland twist! Can't wait to read the others..