Urban fantasy has begun to show a darker side in recent years and the books included in this bundle are designed to showcase that very trend, available August 27th through September 18th. You won't find any thinly disguised paranormal romance here; all of these titles delve into the gritty reality of a supernatural world that has come out to play with a complete disregard for doing so fairly. You'll find smart but saucy witches, hard-boiled sorcerers for hire, even a lustful demon that is far more than you ever imagined a demon could be. Combine them with the stalwart gentlemen that defend London with their magic and a resurrected Templar Order tasked with keeping the darkness at bay for the rest of us and you've got a smorgasbord of dark fantasy you simply won't want to miss!
StoryBundle's Dark Fantasy bundle is curated by bestselling author Joseph Nassise, a man who certainly understands the genre. His Templar Chronicles series has been an ongoing international hit for nearly a decade. Joining him are New York Times and USA Today bestseller Marie Hall, Hugo Award winner Tim Pratt, #1 bestselling UK author Steven Savile, urban fantasy stalwart Harry Connolly, and bestselling writers Susan Illene and Craig Schaeffer.
Says Nassise, "I loved each and every one of the books in this bundle when I first encountered them and I couldn't wait to share them here with you. I think they do a masterful job of showcasing the myriad ways of approaching a dark fantasy tale and I see them as representative of the terrific things going on in the genre today. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did."
We've also added the ALS Association (think ice bucket challenge) as a charity for this bundle. When you purchase a bundle, you can choose to donate part of your purchase to this worthy organization that's working tirelessly to find effective treatments and a cure for ALS.
The initial titles in the bundle (minimum $3 to purchase) are:
- Bone Shop by T.A. Pratt
- London Macabre by Steven Savile
- Crimson Night by Marie Hall
- The Long Way Down by Craig Schaeffer
- The Heretic (Templar Chronicles: Book 1) by Joseph Nassise
If you pay more than the bonus price of just $12, you'll get another four books, including the next two volumes in Joseph Nassise's Templar Chronicles series:
- A Scream of Angels (Templar Chronicles: Book 2) by Joseph Nassise
- A Tear in the Sky (Templar Chronicles: Book 3) by Joseph Nassise
- Twenty Palaces by Harry Connolly
- Darkness Haunts by Susan Illene
The bundle is available for a very limited time only, via http://www.storybundle.com. It allows easy reading on computers, smartphones, and tablets as well as Kindle and other ereaders via file transfer, email, and other methods. You get multiple DRM-free formats (.epub and .mobi) for all books, but after the three weeks are over, the bundle is gone forever!
It's also super easy to give the gift of reading with StoryBundle, thanks to our gift cards – which allow you to send someone a code that they can redeem for any future StoryBundle bundle – and timed delivery, which allows you to control exactly when your recipient will get the gift of StoryBundle.
Why StoryBundle? Here are just a few benefits StoryBundle provides.
- Get quality reads: We've chosen works from excellent authors to bundle together in one convenient package.
- Pay what you want (minimum $3): You decide how much five fantastic books are worth to you. If you can only spare a little, that's fine! You'll still get access to five thrilling titles.
- Support authors who support DRM-free books: StoryBundle is a platform for authors to get exposure for their works, both for the titles featured in the bundle and for the rest of their catalog. Supporting authors who let you read their books on any device you want—restriction free—will show everyone there's nothing wrong with ditching DRM.
- Give to worthy causes: Bundle buyers have a chance to donate a portion of their proceeds to charity. We're currently featuring the ALS Association, Mighty Writers and Girls Write Now.
- Receive extra books: If you beat our bonus price, you're not just getting five books, you're getting nine!
StoryBundle was created to give a platform for independent authors to showcase their work, and a source of quality titles for thirsty readers. StoryBundle works with authors to create bundles of ebooks that can be purchased by readers at their desired price. Before starting StoryBundle, Founder Jason Chen covered technology and software as an editor for Gizmodo.com and Lifehacker.com.
For more information, visit our website at storybundle.com, Tweet us at @storybundle, Like us on Facebook, and Plus us on Google Plus. For press inquiries, please email email@example.com.