Friday, August 23, 2013

Right Now and Inspiration

I think at this point everyone knows that Right Now is close to publication, and I hope by now you've all seen the cover for it, which is awesome and done by the amazing Regina Wamba of MaeIdesign.com But, as lovely as the cover and models are, they obviously aren't the ones who inspired me to write their story.

I have this habit, before I start writing contemporary books, to look up my perfect models. I don't really need to do that with my paranormals because most times they don't look all that human and finding a perfect paranormal character to fit the mold in my head is near impossible. But with contemporaries I have no such problem. I love to discover who my character is before I start writing their story. I feel like when you know who they are, then you can really think and act and talk like them. Because let's face it, humans aren't homogenous and neither should characters be. We're all unique and different, but it's in that uniqueness that we're perfect.






9 comments:

Joselyn said...

sexyyy alexxxxx


and wow with zoeee

Unknown said...

Marie,
Don't feel lonely, I'm here! (said while patting you awkwardly on the shoulder)

I just finished reading your Bad Five series, in about a week I might add, and I absolutely loved them. I thoroughly enjoy the way you write, and your characters are presented so well I feel like I know them personally! Honestly, the sex scenes are more graphic than the books I usually read, but I like that you don't throw them in every chapter just to make the book more "adult". It's also nice that your characters can be tough and dramatic without constant f--kin' language. That really gets old fast. :)

On a side note, although I realize that a story has to have a location, it always surprises me to find out I am close to it. I live less than an hour from Lebanon, MO.

Ok, I’m off to do some of the things I let go in life so I could finish that series. Although, I did notice you extended it…

Unknown said...

LOL.. glad you enjoyed it. And Lebanon, MO is where my family lives. ;) It's funny how many people have written me surprised to see a book set in Lebanon and here I thought I was writing about such an obscure location. :p

Century Cycling Event! Team in Training said...

Marie! I just read Moment! I adore this book. I'm so happy I ran across this. I can not wait for Right Now. I'm going to peruse your other books until that comes out. I think you're a magnificent writer!

Evie

Unknown said...

Thank you so much, Evie! :D I'm really glad you enjoyed it. :)

Unknown said...

HI Marie...you are amazing with your writing!!! I just finished reading Moment & it was great! I am dying to get my hands on Right Now like right now! LOL. I am so glad I came across your books & look forward to reading many more! You now have another new fan! :)
Alicia

Unknown said...

Thank you. :) I'm pretty impatient myself for it to publish. :p I feel like I've been waiting forever to put this one out. *g*

Elena said...

I love your books!! What about Ryan and Lili? Who were your models for them?

Unknown said...

thank you Elena! :) If you go to my pinterest page http://www.pinterest.com/mariehall5458/marie-hall/ You'll see who I choose as my Ryan and Lili. :D