Saturday, February 9, 2013

Weekend Writing Warriors: Post #2 (Hook's Pan)

Hello all,

hope you had a great weekend. So today I decided to post a snipped from my current wip, Hook's Pan. It's been a while since I've posted anything for Hook and it's about time, don't you think? :D This is book 5 of my currently published Kingdom Series. The world begins with Her Mad Hatter, based on Hatter and Alice's romance. In case none of you have read the books yet. Which are bestsellers by the way... just sayin'. ;) And Her Mad Hatter is free everywhere. *g* Okay, cheap plug over... here you go, Hook's Pan...

Without further ado:


Danika paced back and forth in front of Gerard and Betty. The two of them were sitting on the couch, Betty on his lap and looking at her like she was crazy.

And maybe she was. Maybe pushing Trishelle this way wasn’t such a great idea, not yet. But then all she had to do was think about James and how he’d appeared last night, drunk in his cabin, face pressed upon his desk with her locket clamped tight in his fist.

“Dani,” Betty rubbed Gerard’s bicep, as if seeking comfort, “what if we told her? I really think if we break it to her, it might go a little smoother. She trusts me.”

Oui, mon ange,” Gerard nodded, and dropped a kiss on the nape of her neck as he rubbed Betty’s belly protectively. “I agree.”

Hmmm.... if you're following the Kingdom Series at all you might recognize these names and if you do I pretty much just gave you a big hint. Did you spot it? ;)

Also, I'll be unveiling new covers for each of my Kingdom books soon. I can't wait to show off Gerard's new cover, you're gonna love it.

Wanna read more great 8's? Visit this site: http://www.wewriwa.com/

Happy reading!
~Marie

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not familiar with the series but am curious..

Teresa Cypher said...

haha! ~grinning~ I did recognize Gerard and Betty's names. And I think the big hint concerns them? lol. I didn't realize that the characters reappeared in other books in the series. I am so far behind, Marie. It'll take me time, but I will catch up.

I can hardly wait to see the new covers! Great snippet, too. :-)

Sara Harris said...

Can't wait to see the cover!! Very intriguing 8!!

Veronica Scott said...

Interesting, obviously much going on but not impenetrable to someone new to the series, which I am. always love to find a new-to-me series! Fun snippet!

Kate said...

Yay! A new series for me to discover and love! New to it all, but the concept is intriguing and I like what I've read in your eight today. Lovely to meet you. I'm Kate.

Siobhan Muir said...

Ooh, tell him what? Great snippet, Marie. I love the sensuality of Betty on Gerard's lap. :) I will definitely check out Her Mad Hatter.

Jenna said...

Intriguing to one not familiar with this story. A lot going on, I see. But I agree, Gerard and Betty seem a very closely connected couple. Nice 8.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I didn't recognize the names, but I'm interested in what's going on. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

I am bouncing in my seat..... I cannot wait to read Hooks story. I love the series never knew fairy tales can be for adults too.;-) Tashara

Unknown said...

Thanks Tashara! :D And adult fairy tales are my favorites. ;)

Avid Reader said...

Awwww, poor Hook. I've been patiently waiting for......well ok, so not being patient. :D So happy to read that Danika. Gerard and Betty are in the book, any others planning on joining? I've enjoyed this series, please keep writing about them.

Amelia Antwiler said...

SQUEEEEEEEEEE I can't wait!!!!!

Unknown said...

LOL... you guys, I'm writing, I promise. In fact, I'm 3 chapters in. ;)

nuckingfutsnix said...

So excited for Book's book!! And definitely remember all of those wonderful characters :) Betty 's close friend was named Trisha... perhaps that's short for Trishelle? Either way I'm totally pumped!

nuckingfutsnix said...

Hook's^^

Unknown said...

I'm almost done with Hook's Pan, in the book Danika has a thought of the "Huntsman" to be a future project, I need more bad boys, but am ecstatic for bad princesses, but I've been trying to look/think through every fairy tale/folklore for more bad boys, so far all I can come up with is the obvious huntsman as you portrayed him, Rumpelstiltskin, and possibly the piper, maybe the man trapped in Snow's evil queen's mirror, the giant in jack in the bean stalk, something with Robin Hood, just to name a few. I used to love to write and still do, however I lost touch with my imagination, and your work is so refreshing! :)