Thursday, May 17, 2012

Hello, my name is Marie and I'm an addict...

A kindle free reads download addict that is! Oh man, I've seriously lost count of how many books I've downloaded. Each night, right before bed, I open my kindle and browse the top 100. It's seriously like Christmas for me. I get so giddy, so excited at the thought of finding 'the one'. My new favorite. New favorite author, book, series. Ohhh, it's just insane how many good books there are out there. I'm amazed by the quality of Indie writers.

When I first started reading it seemed like for every 10 books, only 1 would be readable, but as time has progressed either writers are getting more crafty and realizing just how important good editing is, or I'm just getting really lucky. Last night for instance I found 5 new books, I always read the first page of each book after downloading, just to decide which book I'll choose to read next. And the quality is just... I'm so excited! Already I've found an author I plan to follow religiously, Rhonda Stapleton, and a series (while not perfectly edited) has been fun!

I said that to say this, if you ever wonder should I do a free day? Does it really pay off? Yes, it does. I've followed at least 4 authors beyond their free read and look forward to finding more. I love the freedom of Indie pubbing, I love all these authors we would never have had a chance to know before. I think it's an exciting time to be a reader/writer and I for one just wanted to say a great big thank you to all the writers out there brave enough to go for it!

No comments: