Thursday, April 17, 2014

Welp...it's done

This Time (Tor and Jamie's story, book #3 of the Moment's Series) is officially off to the beta readers and I'm nervous! :p My contemporary books are soooo different than my fantasy books which are much more kick butt and nonstop action. Whoever said writing character driven books was hard deserves a Nobel Prize for that because it is oh so true.

Writing character driven anything means you can totally lose the reader in two point two seconds if done poorly. Plots can grow stale and boring, the reader begins to not care about the character and so therefore doesn't care about the characters story ARC. I find writing character driven books to be incredibly challenging, but if I nail it, like I feel I did with my first two Moments book, then I also feel incredibly validated.

In other news... I'm constantly being asked what's next for Marie Hall? Well here is what's coming up for the next few months.

May will see the release of Beyond Desire, a boxed set that includes A Moment, book #1 of my Moments Series. I'm mostly doing that because at the end of the month I'll be releasing the 3rd and final book in the Moments Universe. That's not to say that I won't be writing more contemporary because I fully expect that I will. But it will be different people. Lately I've been contemplating writing more action paced contemporary since that's what I'm most comfortable writing. But I'll give you updates on future contemporaries as I near writing them. For now let's just say there will be more. Also for those of you who've wondered whether I plan to release Rumpel's Prize on it's own, yes I will on May. 1.

June will see the release of Death's Redemption, this is Frenzy's story. For any of you who've read Death's Lover about Cian and Eve, this is the long awaited sequel to that book.

July will see the release of Hood's Obsession, Book #9 of the Kingdom Series and will feature Giles (who if you've read Rumpel's Prize you'll remember was Rumpel's manservant) and Lilith Wolf who is the daughter of Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf.

August will see the release of Howler's Night, Night Series Book #3 and quite possibly the end of that series. I say possibly because it all depends on where the story feels like it should end. I'm not going to force an ending to a series just to quickly wrap it up. If I don't think I can fit the entire plot into book 3, then there will most definitely be a book 4, but again I won't know that until I get further into the story.


For right now, these are definitive publications. From Sept to Dec I'll be reassessing which series to work on next. I can tell you that one way or another (barring any real life hiccups) I plan to wrap up the Night Series this year and possibly even the Dark Princess Kingdom Spinoff. But not to worry you Kingdom fans, I'm not quitting Kingdom. I will probably do another spinoff in Kingdom like I did when I moved from the Bad Boys to the Dark Princesses. I'm looking to the wicked witches this time, so it should be a lot of fun! ;)

So you're looking at all this and probably realizing that with the exception of Kingdom I'm closing out my other worlds, yes, it's true I am. But only because there are so many more books to write and so many more characters to introduce you guys to. Like a certain assassin and empath whose book I have begun working on with a collab partner of mine that many of you know if you've bought our after dark boxed sets. ;)

I'll reveal who my writing twin will be down the road, but I think you guys are going to love this new sexy and high-tech world of spies/assassins/and gen-modified empaths. Think Alias meets X-Men and yeah...I'm so excited to start devoting myself to those characters.

I hope I've answered all questions and if you have anymore feel free to drop me a line, I'll answer as soon as I see it!

~Happy reading,
Marie

4 comments:

Amy said...

I can't wait for more Kingdom, Marie! Definitely looking forward to Hood's Obsession and seeing what you've cooked up. (I'm completely in love with your Kingdom series :) ) And another spinoff to Kingdom? Loving the sound of that, it definitely sounds like it will be a lot of fun! And I plan on reading your other books soon! You are definitely one of my favourite authors :) Keep up the amazing work, Marie! :)

Unknown said...

Aww, thank you :)

tessaMairs said...

Will you be writing sequels on specific characters? I fell in love with Giles and Lilith and have a hard time letting them go to read on other characters. I would love to see how their lives work out!

Unknown said...

You'll see updates of characters in other books from time to time, but I won't be writing about the same couples again.