Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Where's my happy?!?!

Sheesh, I'm sitting here trying to write a scene between Alex and his girl and it's supposed to be upbeat, but Alex is totally screwing it up. Being all grabby and cavemen and what the heck?! He's not obeying me. I'm about to take out the whip on him. Though knowing Alex, he'd probably like that a little too much.

Sigh...

Men...

Speaking of men, I'm having a current obsession over one in particular. A book boyfriend that kinda makes me shudder when I think about it, because he's so gross, but so sweet, and yeah... I've got it bad. I had zero desire to see Warm Bodies. Seriously, zombies, yuck... But friends finally convinced me when the movie came out on DVD. So yeah, I went in to it with a LOT of skepticism. Well, my friends were right. I heart that movie. Loving the movie the way I did, I immediately went and downloaded the book. Guess what. I loved that too. Like a lot. A lot. A lot. Being in R's head, seeing his struggle, how he wants to be more, he wants to stop what he's doing, the battle he goes through to redemption, how Julie becomes his light and his reason to try harder, push beyond the hunger. Bloody hell what a brilliant book. But maybe that's why my Alex is acting like an idiot, because I'm still firmly in the dark, bleak world of brain eating zombies and humans that are becoming an extinct species. But yeah... I will make my boy heel. He doesn't have a choice. ;)

Happy reading,
Marie

5 comments:

Joselyn said...

oh he will come around =)

just take a little time and breath and maybe yes a little whip maybe =)

Tina B said...

Lol. Good luck, Marie!
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the movie even though you were skeptical. I have yet to see it for the same reasons. I will give it a try now, though. ;)
Thanks for sharing!

Jayn Wilde said...

I think Alex is jealous a bit. LOL I didn't know a thing about that movie (I'm so not up to date on anything), but am now insanely curious to check it out.

Just Judy's Jumbles said...

Warm Bodies was one of those movies I saw on a preview and kept in my mind when it was coming out. I rarely go to movies, prefer books, but the preview had me sold. Really enjoyed it.

Unknown said...

Yup, that movie rocked my socks off. I'm just now coming off the high. :p